Why it’s good for you: Just one kiwi packs more than 100 percent of your daily-recommended value of vitamin C, a crucial antioxidant that helps with collagen formation. Added bonus for this smoothie: mint has high antioxidant content.
Nutrition expert: Sarah-Jane Bedwell, R.D.
Recipe: Kiwi-Mint Smoothie
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1 cup loosely packed spinach
- 1 cup loosely packed mint leaves
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 small kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup ice cubes
In a blender, combine almond milk, banana, spinach, mint, lime juice, kiwi. Blend until smooth. Add the Greek yogurt and ice cubes and blend again until smooth.
Photo by Sally Williams Photography/Getty Images