These are just the beginning of all that he does,
merely a whisper of his power.
Who, then, can comprehend the thunder of his power? Job 26:14 (NLT)
This morning I was reminded in a You Version Bible Plan of this line from C.S. Lewis’ Narnia series.
“Of course, He [Aslan] isn’t safe. But he is good.”
That made me really happy. I get excited when I remember that God isn’t safe. And it comforts me to know He is good. And then I realized there were a few other things about God that made me feel excited about who He was yet strangely comforted at the same time.
- God, You are stable. Yet not predictable.
- You bring security. Yet not always safety.
- You are meek and gentle. Yet powerful and fierce.
- You offer amazing grace. Yet you let us face our consequences no matter how painful.
- You hold firm to your plan. Yet you delay so more can be saved.
- You rule the universe with just a word…a nod even. Yet you make yourself small so we can recognize you.
- You know the number of hairs on my head. Yet the vastness that surrounds you is mind boggling.
- You know everything from the beginning to the end. Yet you want us to come share our day.
- You always hear me. Yet you don’t always answer my questions.
Today Lord, I bow here before you unable to comprehend fully who you are but so thankful I get to see but a glimpse. That glimpse sustains me. Amen
Great is the Lord! He is most worthy of praise!
No one can measure his greatness. Psalm 145:3
When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers—
the moon and the stars you set in place—
what are mere mortals that you should think about them,
human beings that you should care for them? Psalm 8:3-4
Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Ephesians 3:20