Banana nut muffins are delicious, sure, but they’re also a disaster for your waistline. Here’s the next best thing: Get all of the flavor you love with fewer calories and more fat-burning ingredients.
Both oatmeal and banana are powerhouses for appetite-suppressing resistant starch. Plus, the walnuts provide heart-healthy fats.
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Combine oats and 1 cup water in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 3 minutes.
2. Top with banana slices, walnuts, and cinnamon.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: 1 serving (1 1/2 cups)
|Calories per serving:
|Fat per serving:
|Saturated fat per serving:
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:
|Protein per serving:
|Carbohydrates per serving:
|Fiber per serving:
|Cholesterol per serving:
|Sodium per serving:
|Rs per serving:
Good to Know
By combining Resistant Starch powerhouses banana and oatmeal, this morning meal alone gets you halfway to your goal of 10 grams daily. The walnuts add some omega-3s, too, for extra fat burning.
Taken from Health.com