People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. (Luke 21:26 NIV)
When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.” (Luke 21:28 NIV)
This world is going through a very difficult time. Many people are fearful of what will happen. We don’t know the future, but God does. We know this because in Daniel 2 he told Daniel the future nations that would rule from Daniel’s day to the Roman empire then fast forwards to the return of Jesus. Revelation picks up from John’s day and goes to Jesus’ return. We know from prophecy that God knows exactly what is going on. It may not seem like it, but He is in control.
If God can control the history of this world and all of the universe, He knows what is happening with us. Jesus said that God knows when a sparrow falls. He knows how many hairs we have on our head (some of us have more than others) Luke 12:6-7. We can turn our worries over to Him. He will replace our worry with peace. We can trust Him.
The best way to combat fear is to praise God.
Below are some verses that you can share with others that are worried.
- Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. (1 Chronicles 16:11 NIV)
- Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7 NIV)
- Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. (Luke 12:6-7 NIV)
- So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (Matthew 6:31-34 NIV)
- When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. (Isaiah 43:2 NIV)
- But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who long for your saving help always say, “The LORD is great!” (Psalms 70:4 NIV)